Saturday 23 November 2013

Having to prioritise

Things are quite frankly ridiculous on the busy front at the moment. I have so much I want to do at the moment, I have lots of blog posts in my head but so much in my mind generally that I just can't find the time.

We have exchanged contracts on our house and complete in 2 weeks but as yet haven't got anywhere to go. Our purchase went wrong (horrible survey and down valued by mortgage co but no movement on price so we walked away) which has meant we are back to renting. Should be easy but around a South Manchester things rent so quickly and with us only wanting a 6 month lease we are struggling to get anywhere. In amongst all of this we have found another house to buy and had an offer accepted and I have gone back to work after a year of mat leave. Think Fee is genuinely concerned we might end up there since she has started looking at holiday lets for us, ha ha. She is right to be concerned, we fully might!

So all spare time is spent packing, searching, solicitoring (v diff to soliciting I realise) with a tiny amount of panicking thrown in for good measure. G Kisby and I are known I think for being a bit last minute and my calm other half is not even remotely anxious about all of this, love him for that.

But fingers crossed we have some sort of solution and plan shortly so I can get back to some fun stuff  like preparing 'advent bags', Christmas giddiness and finishing lots of stuff I haven't like Wilf's 12 month photo collage.

For now G Kisby has suggested we open a decent bottle of wine to 'celebrate' er our nearly last weekend in our house.
Love him for that too...

2 comments:

  1. I love G Kisby too!! Fingers crossed your renting plan goes well...it's not that I DON'T want you to move in for the next three months, you understand?! I like to think I value our special relationship so much I just don't want to risk it....fee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god how stressful for you......we were there over a year ago but it did all work out in the end. feel your pain but thrilled to hear you have bought a house which I bet is fab. sorry, typing one handed. how was it going back to work.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete